Auto accident claims are heavily advertised by some attorneys. If you are injured in an auto accident, as a driver, passenger, or pedestrian, in most instances you have will file a motor vehicle accident claim.


However, if your auto accident happens while you are at work, you also have a Workers’ Compensation claim and this needs to be filed separately. There are many jobs and industries where the employees are on the go during the day. A work related motor vehicle accident can happen to:

  • A delivery driver (package deliveries, food and beverage deliveries, etc.)
  • A home health aide or home care nurse who visits patients in their homes
  • A landscaper who drives to different properties to mow lawns, etc.
  • An insurance representative who visits clients for meetings or claims
  • A bus driver
  • A utility service worker who installs services in different homes and businesses
  • A construction worker who drives to different work sites

A work related auto accident does not have to happen in a company vehicle. It does not have to happen on your employer’s property. You do not have to be doing your “usual” work duties at the time of the accident.


If you are injured in a motor vehicle accident while you are at work, contact Zea Proukou to discuss whether a Workers’ Compensation claim is necessary!

The post WORK RELATED AUTO ACCIDENTS appeared first on Zea Proukou - Trusted Rochester Workers' Comp Attorneys.